Monday, March 17, 2008

Superman

Lois Lane: Clark, I want to talk to you about something; I've been worried about your safety lately.
Superman: Lois, I'm Superman. Virtually nothing can hurt me!
Lois: Yes I know, but it's this Kryptonite substance that concerns me.
Superman: Ah don't worry, it's indigenous to my home planet Krypton, which was destroyed when its sun exploded, millions of light years from Earth.
Lois: That's what I thought at first, but your enemies are constantly getting their hands on it to use against you. Remember when Lex Luthor challenged you to a fight in his sub-aquatic hideout only to ambush you with Kryptonite? Or when Brainiac offered you a truce but when you shook his hand it turned out he was hiding Kryptonite in his glove?
Superman: (about to sit on piece of Kryptonite) Well, I guess I'll just try to keep an eye out for it in the future--
(Lois grabs him, throws Kryptonite out window)
Lois: Clark, you almost sat on that piece of Kryptonite!
Superman: Haha, what a blooper that would've been.
Lois: Blooper? You could've really been hurt! You have super-vision, super-smell, and nearly all other kinds of super senses. Can't you somehow detect this stuff from far away?
Superman: Gee, you're right, I really should--
(Superman is about to take a bite of a sandwich, Lois knocks it away)
Lois: Clark, that sandwich had Kryptonite in it!
Superman: Haha, man, talk about a brain fart.
Lois: Jesus, Clark...you could've...you could've died.

No comments: